Established in 1966, the Association of German Advertising Film Producers joined the umbrella association 'German Producers Alliance' as the Advertising Section in 2010. The association calls for and promotes creativity, quality and competitiveness in the German advertising film sector and is the mouthpiece of its members. We see our organisation as the contact point, voice, adviser and mediator representing the interests of all film producers and post-production companies that want to actively shape the future of our industry.
• Promote creativity and technical excellence
• Support the competitiveness of German advertising film production and postproduction
• Raise awareness of the advertising film medium in business and industry
• Promote and train new talent in the German-speaking regions
• Comprehensively consolidate all sector aspects and protagonists on a single, mutual and centralised platform
• Set the tone for the future and track international trends
German advertising film producers established the German Advertising Film Academy as an independent entity in June 2013. Every year, the organisation presents the German Advertising Film Awards in 9 categories, the New Talent Awards and the Newcomer Award. For more information go to www.deutsche-werbefilmakademie.de.
The superior organ is the members' meeting held twice a year and convened by the management board. Currently comprising 6 members, the management board initiates and plans all of the association's activities. Daily business, work, requests and initiatives are coordinated and processed by project management. Naturally this occurs in close cooperation with the management board and members.